papo, week 6, marionette

I made a cat marionette.  It was pretty challenging.  I originally wanted to move then legs, head and tail individually, but that was way too may strings to move around, so I simplified it to just the head tail and supports for the body.  It was still really difficult to maneuver, I think in part because of the construction method, which involved lots of small wood squares connected by denim fabric.

This was the inspiration for the strings mechanism, from the marionette book.

This is one of his legs.  You can see the notches I cut to glue in the fabric.

Here’s the body before I painted it.

I painted the whole body black and then gave him white skeleton bones.

I filled in the skeleton bones with florescent orange paint and made a colorful face.

Advertisements

Author: owen ribbit

poop

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s