For the color assignment I was interested in using a monochrome color scheme and playing with what effects I could get with very small differences in saturation, hue and brightness. One of the things I quickly learned is that the saturation and brightness appear very differently on screen than printed on paper. To get the effect I was going for I had to change the range of possible saturation and brightness values from the original sketch. I had to sort of guess based on the different between the first test prints I made and what I saw on screen how to get the right ranges.
The photos I took are very dark, so its hard to get a sense of the interaction of the colors. I’ll have to reshoot them when I get a chance.